This course is catered to meet the literacy needs of student who have been in Australia for less than five year and come from backgrounds where English may be an additional language or dialect.
What will I be doing in this course?
In Year 11 this course consists of three modules, whereas in Year 12 it consists of four modules. This is what will be studied:
- Module A: Language and Texts in Context
- Module B: Close Study of Text
- Module C: Texts and Society
- Module A: Texts and Human Experiences
- Module B: Language Identity and Culture
- Module C: Close Study of Text
- Focus on writing
How will this course help me in the future?
This course provides students with the opportunity to develop and consolidate specific English language knowledge, understanding and skills. Students develop refine skills in spoken and written English to become confident and effective communicators.