French Beginners is a two year course. All material covered in the Preliminary course will be assessed at HSC level.
Students will develop speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to communicate in French. Students will also gain an insight into the culture and language of French-speaking communities.
Exclusions: French Continuers; French Extension. Strict eligibility rules apply to the study of this subject.
Students should have had no more than 100 hours’ study of French at secondary level (or equivalent) or little or no previous knowledge of the language.
Topic areas covered:
- Family life, home and neighbourhood
- People, places and communities
- Education and work
- Friends, recreation and pastimes
- Holidays, travel and tourism
- Future plans and aspirations.
Particular Course Requirements: Nil